Tuesday, February 10, 2015

I was flying and (for the first time Jumbo), heading to Rochester (NY). I was going to spend a seas


THANKSGIVING melonisalaatti - THANKSGIVING In 1980 and during the six months that the love of my life spent toiling in the military .... (then mandatory) ... okay, the photo is not of the time but is to situate at the time. In 1980, and while the love of my life was awful Reviews having a time in His military course, okay, well, the picture was taken while They Were taking a short break. Does it look like a short break ?.
I was flying and (for the first time Jumbo), heading to Rochester (NY). I was going to spend a season working, an hour drive from Niagara Falls. Me, flying on a Jumbo jet (first time in esta plane), all the way to Rochester (NY), to work and Attend a course, just one hour away from Niagara Falls.
We were in the middle of winter, 17º below zero. I have not been so cold in my life. We were in the middle of winter. Were 17ºC Temperatures below zero. I've never been as frozen as I was one at that time.
With a wonderful family. Mrs. S. was a lovely woman. She loved everything European, clothing, food. In addition, he taught art to retired women. Mr. S. worked at the same company I had to do the course, so we left and came home together. I lived with a wonderful family. Mrs. S. was a very charming lady. She loved everything European, the clothes, the food. Also She Taught art classes to retired women. Mr. S. Worked in the same factory I was attending the course, so we used to leave the house early in the morning and we used to come back together after lunch.
I was fortunate to celebrate there the day of Thanksgiving. It was the first time I ate turkey, the first time I decorated melonisalaatti cookies, the first time I helped melonisalaatti prepare a buffet for the next day with all the leftovers from the day before (the neighbors were going from house to house trying out the different variants of turkey), melonisalaatti and the first time I was actively involved in community work. I had a bomb gossiping all the houses melonisalaatti and meeting people. It was the only Spanish in miles around, so also an attraction. I had the chance to celebrate Thanksgiving there. It was the first time for me to eat turkey, the first time I made decorated cookies with her, first time I Helped her to Organise melonisalaatti a buffet for the following day With all the leftovers melonisalaatti (neighbors dropped by to eat sandwiches and cookies) so I can say it was the first time I really took part in the Neighbourhood duties. I had a blast visiting all the houses and the People Who Lived meeting there. I was the only Spaniard in thousands. Decorating my first biscuits. It was the first time he did. Decorating my first cookies. In Spain then a, we didn't use color in food. I was delighted !. This was fun !.
Laurie (his daughter) melonisalaatti and assembling the sandwiches. melonisalaatti You can see the remains of turkey on the table. Laurie (Their daughter) and me working on the sandwiches. You can see the turkey leftovers on the table.
I pareción wonderful food, the process of trying to turkey during the days of preparation, all those hours in the oven. That endless filling super chopped onions, crumbled sausage, apples, almonds, thyme, lemon zest, beaten eggs, salt and pepper, all sautéed in butter, the house smelled great. The meal was incredible, the process of treating the turkey During the previous days, the hours inside the oven. That wonderful stuffing full of onions, chopped fairly small, the skinned melonisalaatti and sliced sausages, the apples cored, the walnuts, the fresh thyme, the zest of lemon, melonisalaatti the beaten eggs, the salt, the pepper, all sauteed in a saucepan with butter , oh God !, the house smelled wonderfully.
And pumpkin pie I'm going to do today. With the recipe for Mrs. S. who died some years ago and whom I had the opportunity of seeing melonisalaatti on a trip to the United States about 20 years later. And of course, pumpkin pie for dessert. I Had Such a thing never heard before. And this is the recipe melonisalaatti I'm using today, hers. Mrs. S. passed away a few years ago now, and I was fortunate to meet the couple again like 20 years later my first trip to Their house.
PUMPKIN PIE - PUMPKIN PIE INGREDIENTS FOR 8 PEOPLE melonisalaatti 2 cups pumpkin melonisalaatti puree (canned Libbys they use), if with pumpkin, squash need 1 kilo. Whipped cream for garnish 3/4 cup brown sugar 1 tablespoon cornstarch 1 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 3 eggs, beaten, and one more to paint the dough 1 teaspoon grated ginger 1 cup evaporated milk Pasta breeze bought or homemade like this. INGREDIENTS - SERVES August 2 cups of pumpkin puree (Libby's) if we make it from scratch, we'll need a kilo of pumpkin. Whipped cream to serve 3/4 light brown sugar 1 tbsp corn flour

No comments:

Post a Comment