Thursday, May 22, 2014

A reader seduce, delight, inspire and gagging. With the technique of the three Rs is no child


In addition to the panel discussion about ghostwriting and feedback session a la carte maps in consultation literary writing day in 2014, I followed a workshop on stress curves. The workshop coincided with a by-the-speaker-only-if-super-interesting lecture on screenwriting by Bart De Pauw, but because I want to write course books and no scenarios for film or television, I decided to still opt for a more applied writing workshop, especially since it was on the program 'advanced'. The workshop voltage arcs à la carte 'was described as follows: a la carte maps
A reader seduce, delight, inspire and gagging. With the technique of the three Rs is no child's play, but a lot easier. We explore what works and why, learn cheat with time and place, and throw 'en passant' a few sacred cows upside. Exciting writing: a question of technology and common sense!
It seemed interesting to me, because I am having a la carte maps some difficulties to keep a story. a la carte maps Exciting When I was going to write, it fades away in me the power, then the story disappears and sometimes even dare to flee. My characters a la carte maps Unfortunately, I felt from the beginning of the workshop that I was not there in my place. And jammergenoeger I have a face that my dissatisfaction often unconsciously let know to all those who are around me, and I caught myself a la carte maps a few times on my famous pfft-what-a-nonsense look.
The main reason why the course does not appeal to me, actually, because I did not feel any connection with the writing teacher. I had no idea that we were doing the same, she and I. She gave the impression she produced a la carte maps books on the basis of recepies. She shared with us the ingredients for a good book and spat our lovingly baked cupcakes out if there was added too little tension. No story that we advance her acting seemed to satisfy her demands. Tactless she criticized the structure of a story about the suicide of a close friend, the trainee had announced that it was autobiographical. They blamed someone else to share the story to a pessimistic view of life: that does not want the reader And I was told that my short story was not exciting enough: "What is at stake for your character? a la carte maps There's no heavy penalty attached to failure "After she repeated her lesson?" A character must have a purpose and it can not reach it is accompanied by serious consequences. It is imperative that there is a low point in your story, a moment where you think: Ai ai ai, this is really not good. "
At the egg nd the lesson they listed some tips that can make a story more exciting. See the recipe for a book that your reader is guaranteed to enjoy: - Add a ticking clock to your dish. Give your character a narrow margin, but do the job is not necessarily impossible. - Provide respite. Add to your heart obstacles far. - Set the bar for your character ever higher. - Change the location or time of events: a marriage proposal in a material box is more exciting than an Italian restaurant, situate the argument in an avalanche area where you can not scream and let your lesbian protagonist find the love of her life in the thirties. - Stir interlacing good care of expectations, give your reader a step ahead of your character, surprise! ("But not too much, because then you can reader a la carte maps feel betrayed.")
Answer
We are sorry that you do not feel good with you and your time was wasting. In every moment is also a plus and it will not have been with you otherwise. What confidence would really help you move forward
Yes as Lite Rasa says: Now I know what I want. No ticking clock for example. I know now that I should not sign up for such a writing course a la carte maps at the school where she teaches me ... If it does not click with the teacher, there is no start I believe.
Neither do I. Or rather, I do, but it's the recipe for a standard-pleasant-to-read-but-not-worthy reminder story and not for what I want to write. Incidentally, I wondered to myself, "All well and good, but what do you find in the evenings Reve?" - I was afraid to ask :-)
In my notes I have just written the bar ever put anything up. I suspect it has to do with the "mission" he has to achieve his goal to accomplish before seeing how far can or wants to go, what he wants to overcome obstacles to get what he wants your character. Indeed unfortunate that it was disappointing, a la carte maps but look, we have also had back.
Cancel a la carte maps
Topics admires Lilith a la carte maps (15) Lilith hears, sees and reads (56) Lilith takes photos (29) Lilith writes (81) Fictional fragments (35) Writer perils (4

No comments:

Post a Comment