Monday, May 19, 2014

2010 (3) February (1) August (2) 2009 (29) December the killer barbies (2) March (4)


This week we attended an internal course on a program (Robot Millennium for reinforced concrete); during the lunch break, I ended up (against my will) near the new graduate (referred to in the previous post), and against the local custom of silence, I was pleasantly entertained with his conversation (while on the other side of the table a colleague tasted a delicious plate of fettuccine salami and pineapple) began asking me what I thought of the program. I answered evasively: cute. And he, with his eyes unfocused, as if I sciorinasse Tradition Guenon: This program does not convince me; how do we know that the program does not make mistakes? There are so many details to be entered. You have to recalculate everything by hand to be sure. So, I pointed out, it is the user, who must enter the data, which has to be careful not to make mistakes; if you fail to enter the data, it is you who are wrong, not the program. And he, granite and stolid but there are so many details to be included, how can I be sure that the program does not make mistakes? I was reminded of the questions that inflicted the trainer to show his perspicuity professional questions that dig into the unconscious of continuum mechanics, they wanted to find the error in the program or trainer, absolutely impertinent questions because we treated concrete ( ie where surgical precision is useless): he used the words "twist" that cause me gagging the killer barbies (I can not stand even the urge to back up when I hear "second order", but at least I'm used to "instability"). I would have to argue: it is true, one must be careful; but I did not want to give in to this idiot who wants to give himself the airs of a great designer. I replied that the program works fine, that there was no reason to doubt but that the operator must be very careful. How to check the results by hand calculations, I added, you can do in the event that calculations such as a single-beam as it happens to you, my coconut-not when designing a building with a thousand thousand square feet on several floors . With the stubbornness of those who have no sense of reality, he continued, but how do I know that the armor of a beam is the right one: I have to recalculate manually. And I can see that you just have not designed many beams, because if a beam is armed or too little can be seen by eye. He still insisted not to be convinced of a program that can introduce errors if the wrong data (the program is wrong, the killer barbies not you, eh?). And I crumbled: we must be careful to insert it properly. We ended our silence in the Cobb-salaatti: fried egg, fried bacon, chopped chicken breast, chopped aurajuusto (cheese-like the killer barbies gorgonzola), the killer barbies olives and tomatoes (it was pretty the killer barbies overpriced, especially compared to the fettuccine salami and pineapple) . CONCLUSION: The new graduate engineer is a perfect example of an engineer who lives in his Lego world (with the aggravating circumstance that thinks he's cool, but it's just unbearably pedantic).
Portraits Helsinki Espoo Vantaa Finland inutilia Berlin holiday memories Russia Siberia the killer barbies Rome insights Italian kitchen designs caribbean the killer barbies wedding books Tallinn walks painting ramblings Europe Vaasa Engineering movie quotes music poetry contests broken balls Altai Oulu Palermo aesthetic questions Mondegreen unnecessary the killer barbies explanations
2010 (3) February (1) August (2) 2009 (29) December the killer barbies (2) March (4) January (1) January the killer barbies (1) January (1) July (1) June (1) May (2) August (2) March (1) January (6) October (7) 2008 (64) December (8) August (3) January (8) October (9) November the killer barbies (8) January (8) December (9) Engineer - Case Study 2 (human) Engineer - 1 Phenomenology of a stereotype Weekend in Tallinn - Tallinn Weekend 2 - 1 Days intenZi Garlic fall out and not only Suomenlinna A Day in Vaasa Three ghosts October (9) March (1) January (1) 2007 (26) December (1) October (3) January (4 ) November (3) November (3) May (2) November (8) August (2) 2006 (12) December (1) January (1) April (5) August (1 ) December (4)


No comments:

Post a Comment