Saturday, April 5, 2014

That is the coolest idea ever! I can say right now that my brother and hubby would have loved this a


A LEGO build -your-snack BUFFET In the previous post I shared all the fun secrets of our LEGO Build a Birthday I hosted for our oldest son's 10th birthday. This post is dedicated to the SNACK BUFFET part of the party.
I like doing different mystic lake buffet hours things to normal stuff. Tablecloths lend to creative ideas. It's easy to add a splash of personality to them by layering them, spreading them over a table with different angles, mystic lake buffet hours or bunching and tying them in new places. With this white tablecloth I tied off the corners with twine bows. Veggie sticks with LEGO tags that I made. After I found the real LEGO font , I went crazy making decorations with it... I also used green LEGO mats in place of serving trays.
I mentioned in the original mystic lake buffet hours post that my goal was to add muted and neutral tones to compliment the traditional bold LEGO colors. The purpose mystic lake buffet hours of this was to add maturity to the party for a 10 year old. To maintain the natural tones , I used snacks in muted colors mystic lake buffet hours like peanuts.
For more details on this LEGO Birthday Party, please see PART ONE . This post is linked to: Making the World Cuter* , Motivate Me Mondays mystic lake buffet hours , Market Yourself Mondays , It's So Very Creative , Tasty Tuesday , Tempt My Tummy , Tuesdays at the Table , Topsy Turvy Tuesday , Tuesdays Unwrapped, Toot Your Horn Tuesday , Get Your Craft On , We're Organized Wednesday, Outdoor Wednesday, Works for Me Wednesday , Show and Tell , Whatever Goes Wednesday , Tablescape Thursday, Spotlight Yourself mystic lake buffet hours , Show off Your Stuff , Strut Your Stuff , Friday Favorites , Show and Share Day , Foodie Friday , I'm Lovin It , Funky Junk Interiors, Fabulous Friday Finds , Tickled Pink , Be Different Act Normal , Weekend Wrap Up
For mystic lake buffet hours some reason, I thought mystic lake buffet hours I had commented on here, but my comment is MIA. Love the party, and I love the fact that you did Lego chocolate molds. I just happened mystic lake buffet hours to notice that cinder block, too, and it is a perfect nod to Lego. Great job with all the millions of details that made this so special, Lisa! XO, Sheila :-) October 25, 2010 at 10:05 AM
Just blogging around this afternoon and found your blog. I love reading all the different blogs, they are all different and unique in their own way. Thank you for letting me visit. Susan http://amazingcouponanddiscountdeals.blogspot.com http://www.squidoo.com/incredible-pug-tatorbug October 25, 2010 at 11:57 AM
Super job! Love the little brownies with the candy toppers. I fell in love with those Lego candies a few years back when I found them in a candy store. Aren't they so fun! Love how the chocolate brownies really bring out the bright colors of the candies. You did another super job of bringing all of the details together. Nicely coordinated without being over done. The best part is that this seems like it was a family mystic lake buffet hours affair - with your husband and son creating the Lego message banner, and you and your husband mystic lake buffet hours making the giant Lego block outside...that's what makes a cute party SPECTACULAR in my mind! Anyone can surf around and find great inspiration...recreating it and making it a special day for the entire family is what makes a party like this all the more memorable. Great job!!! :) Judy@cutest-little-things October 25, 2010 at 9:36 PM
Oh almost forgot - that next-to-the-last photo of the boys with their friends at the buffet is beautiful, Lisa! Fantastic job! That's one thing that always bugs me when I throw parties - I never have time to be take as many pictures as I'd like. Judy@cutest-little-things October 25, 2010 at 9:39 PM
You are amazingly (is that a word?) creative...what a super fun party you put together for your son. So fun! October 27, 2010 at 1:43 PM
This is so clever! i love all you attention to detail, great job!! BTW, I'd love for you to stop by my blog for our HUGE giveaway to celebrate 6 months of blogging! Thanks!! http://justsewsassy.com/2010/10/27/giveaway-6-fabulous-prizes-for-6-months-of-blogging/ October 29, 2010 at 8:57 AM
This is such a cute idea! I'm going to save this one -- we haven't done the birthday party with other kids thing yet but when we're ready for it, Lego would definitely be perfect! :) October 29, 2010 at 10:45 AM
That is the coolest idea ever! I can say right now that my brother and hubby would have loved this as a kid! Have a great weekend (visiting from Show aand Tell Saturday) October 30, 2010 at 10:06 AM
What a fantastic party! mystic lake buffet hours I love the idea of the build your own snack table - super cute! You left no detail behind - fabulous job! p.s. the cereal boxes are adorable! Hope you are enjoying mystic lake buffet hours your weekend! ~ Stephanie Lynn October 30, 2010 at 7:18 PM
how FUN! My boys LOVE lego's I've done 2 lego parties this year. I even made my own mold and all my own lego shaped treats! SO much fun! Your banner is awesome, it's like what I did for my invitations. I love your use of cement blocks. http://imtopsyturvy.com/index.php/2010/01/party-day-is-here/ http://i

No comments:

Post a Comment